I have just finished a 14-hour day at work and because of that I missed the training session I had planned for tonight. I also need to admit that I have eaten nothing but sugary snacks since lunchtime and I’ve not had a proper meal tonight. In fact my dinner consisted of two custard creams, two cookies and a coffee.
Reading this you might think that I have given up on my goal of becoming a fitter and healthier version of myself. That I have abandoned the fitness journey that I am on. However nothing couldn’t be further from the truth. As I sit here writing this blog, drinking green tea, I am more determined than ever to be a better version of myself.
I love a motivational quote, I’m quite cheesy like that, and the one below is a favourite of mine…
(Image source: Pinterest)
On the 1st October I made a commitment and I am not about to give up on that because the mood temporarily left me. Right now it would be very easy for me to write off this week, ease off my training and let my healthy eating habits slip even further as the weekend arrives. However I am planning on doing the exact opposite. I am going to make up for my failings today by making sure I smash the weekend out of the park. As per usual I have a busy one planned but I am going to fit all of the following things in to make sure that finish the third week of 2016 strong.
This weekend I am going to…
- work my ass off in my personal training session tomorrow morning
- have a great day at work and not give into sugary temptation
- hit the gym after work and complete a chest, shoulders and triceps workout
- cook and eat a delicious and healthy dinner
- spend some quality time with my brother and sister during the day on Saturday
- complete a core session Saturday evening
- cook another healthy and delicious dinner, I’m thinking Mexican chicken
- enjoy working on my flexibility in Body Balance on Sunday morning
- visit the driving range Sunday afternoon and work on my golf swing
- write a couple of blogs Sunday evening
- and finally enjoy another healthy and nutritious dinner on Sunday night
So there is my commitment, I will stay loyal to what I said I was going to do! I am going to document the next 72 hours on Instagram so why not follow me, if you don’t already, and see how I get on.
Bring on the weekend!