It has been too long since I sat down and wrote a blog. I have lost my way over the last few months but today marks the start of getting my fitness journey back on track. I will explore why I lost my way at another time but today’s post is all about the plan for getting me back to where I was at the start of the summer.
Over the next 40 days I want to lose a minimum of 3% body fat. The plan is to lose 0.5% a week over a 6 week period. However to push myself a little more I am going to reset my goal every Monday morning. This morning my body fat was 20.6%, if I get below 20.1% next Monday I will set my next weekly goal from that point rather than 20.1%, that way I will hopefully lose more than 3%
Why a 40 day challenge?
On the 17th of December I will be attending a wedding with my wife and I want to be in my best shape of the year. In September I attended a wedding and wore my favourite navy suit and unfortunately it was uncomfortably tight, I don’t want to feel like on the 17th. Plus when planning this blog I liked the sound of a 40 day challenge!
Drawing on everything I have learnt this year I have decided to make this plan really easy to implement into my busy life. Below are my six rules and I know if I stick to them I will achieve my goal
- Train hard – I plan to complete five strength sessions a week, do a Les Mills Body Balance class on a Sunday morning (to improve my flexibility) and a Les Mills RPM class on a Tuesday evening (to burn fat).
- Eat clean – I will eat three clean meals and a healthy snack every day. This means no more sweets, cake, biscuits or ice cream.
- One cheat meal a week – To make sure I don’t go mad I will have one cheat meal a week. I won’t go crazy but I also won’t worry about calories or the fat content of the meal.
- Drink lots of water – I am going to drink a minimum of 3 litres a day. Keeping myself hydrated is going to be crucial to staying on track.
- Focus on the process – Rather than worrying about the results I am going to make sure that I stick to my rules. I know that if I do that the results will come.
- Have fun – I really enjoy training and cooking healthy food, so I should have lots of fun over the next 40 days.
Today was the first day of my 40 day challenge and it has gone very well. I trained first thing this morning, I have eaten three clean meals and a healthy snack and I have drunk 3 litres of water. If I can repeat what I did today another 39 times I am sure I will be in great shape on the 17th.
Thank you for reading